WHAT WE DO
A national mission-centered fundraising organization awarding grants that transform communities on the peripheries in our society, Catholic Extension works with people in America’s poorest regions to build up vibrant and transformative Catholic faith communities.
Join a talented team of storytellers who are making a difference sharing stories of impact in America’s poorest regions of the U.S. You will write about faith and hope in Puerto Rico, community building along the Texas-Mexico border, coming together with purpose in Alaska, vibrant expressions of faith on Indian Reservations in the Dakotas. We are seeking a skilled, proactive contributor who has experience creating and implementing content across multi-platform communications, including email, social media, and web communications.
This full-time position is newly created and will be working out of our Chicago office. A successful person for this role will come with a working knowledge of digital marketing tools, excellent storytelling skills, and an eagerness to contribute on a variety of levels and with a number of stakeholders throughout the organization. In return you will gain valuable professional experience working with a talented, creative, and fast-paced organization making a substantive impact in the poorest regions of the U.S. at an unprecedented time in our country’s history.
Some essential skills for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Accurate, creative, and clear writer.
- Experience creating, posting, and managing content across traditional and digital channels.
- Experience with Adobe In-Design and Word Press.
- Experience with email distribution systems, such as Engaging Networks.
- Project management skills; attention to details; proofreading.
- Video editing for social media and web posting.
- Ability to learn quickly, juggle multiple projects, customer-centric and responsive.
- Collaborative, proactive and solutions oriented.
- An appreciation for and general understanding of the teachings and traditions of the Catholic Church.
- Exposure to annual fundraising terminology or support a plus.
- Sense of humor.
WORKING AT CATHOLIC EXTENSION
Our national headquarters is located at 150 S. Wacker Drive in Chicago, IL. Catholic Extension’s 48 employees are talented in their respective fields and enjoy working both independently and with a team orientation. We encourage employees to work hard, embrace a growth mindset, and be flexible and adaptable. As our employees are a top priority, we offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, matched 403b, paid time off, paid holidays, professional development, office snacks and more. Our core values are:
- Trust: We forge relationships in the spirit of mutual trust.
- Creativity: We identify and invest in innovative solutions to the challenges that confront our Catholic faith communities.
- Excellence: We set the highest standards for every aspect of our organizational life and mission.
- Accountability: We are committed to our Team Covenant to enable us to fulfill our mission more effectively.
As a precaution of COVID-19, interviews will be conducted virtually and meeting in person as appropriate using masks and social distancing. We are beginning to transition back into our offices safely.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, age, socioeconomic status and all the other facets of our humanity. Catholic Extension is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation that may be necessary to participate in the application process.
HOW TO APPLY
Catholic Extension has retained DeVine Consulting to assist in this confidential search processes. Inquiries, nominations, and applications (including a cover letter, current resume and writing samples) should be directed electronically to:
Margie DeVine, President