JOB OPPORTUNITY: MANAGER OF STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS
WHAT WE DO
A national mission-centered fundraising organization awarding grants that transform communities on the peripheries in our society, Catholic Extension works with people in America’s poorest regions to build up vibrant and transformative Catholic faith communities.
This is a new role as we are expanding our team. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications and External Relations and based out of our Chicago headquarters, the Manager of Strategic Communicationswill join a highly collaborative, 5-member team working to write stories that raise brand awareness and compel people to action. Ideal for a candidate with more than 4 years’ working in a corporate communications role or a fast-paced, strategic communications role at a non-profit organization, the successful candidate will handle a wide variety of writing assignments, creating and coordinating content that supports and amplifies the work of our fundraising and mission departments. Experience with digital communications is required. A master’s degree will be viewed favorably.
The Manager of Strategic Communications will:
- Research, write, and edit stories for use across multiple platforms, including printed publications, website, and social media outlets.
- Offer exceptional marketing and communications solutions that strengthen our brand and exceed the expectations of our high performing fundraising and mission teams.
- Create content that is mission aligned, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice. Be a steward of best practices in messaging, grammar, writing, and style.
- Leverage and repurpose content and other assets to increase reach and visibility to targeted audiences across multi-channel communications.
- Ensure our mission narrative is strategically infused for optimal engagement in every communication.
- Develop plans for content distribution via social media, email, public relations, paid media, and other channels.
WORKING AT CATHOLIC EXTENSION
Our national headquarters is located at 150 S. Wacker Drive in Chicago, IL. Catholic Extension’s 48 employees are talented in their respective fields and enjoy working both independently and with a team orientation. We encourage employees to “think, ask and act”; work hard; embrace a growth mindset; and be flexible and adaptable. As our employees are a top priority, we offer competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, matched 403b, paid time off, paid holidays, professional development, office snacks and more. Our core values are:
- Trust: We forge relationships in the spirit of mutual trust.
- Creativity: We identify and invest in innovative solutions to the challenges that confront our Catholic faith communities.
- Excellence: We set the highest standards for every aspect of our organizational life and mission.
- Accountability: We are committed to our Team Covenant to enable us to fulfill our mission more effectively.
As a precaution of COVID-19, interviews will be conducted virtually and meeting in person as appropriate using masks and social distancing. We are beginning to transition back into our offices safely.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, disability status, age, socioeconomic status and all the other facets of our humanity. Catholic Extension is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation that may be necessary to participate in the application process.
HOW TO APPLY
Catholic Extension has retained DeVine Consulting to assist in this confidential search processes. Inquiries, nominations, and applications (including a cover letter, current resume and writing samples) should be directed electronically to:
Margie DeVine, President