Blue Sky Bridge
Located in Boulder, Colorado, Blue Sky Bridge fosters safe communities, healing and justice to end child abuse. We are a nonprofit organization that uses the Child Advocacy Center model to create a child-focused approach to abuse investigations in partnership with law enforcement, social services and the District Attorney’s office. All of our programs are offered free of cost. In the past 25 years, we have supported more than 10,000 children and family members.
Our programs include:
- Child Advocacy
Blue Sky Bridge provides immediate intervention, skilled forensic interviews, crisis intervention counseling, family support and follow-up services to child victims of abuse and non-offending family members, including medical treatment, if necessary. Of the children interviewed last year, 75% were related to allegations of child sexual abuse and 71% identified as female. 57% of the children were below the age of 12.
Blue Sky Bridge offers Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) for children ages 4-17. The aim of this program is to reduce trauma symptoms, strengthen the parent-child relationship and support the entire family in moving forward. 100% of the therapy clients who have graduated from the program reduced their trauma symptoms.
- Education and Outreach
We are committed to helping children recognize situations that may be unsafe and how to seek help. We are also dedicated to helping adults learn how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. We accomplish these commitments through a variety of in-school trainings for kindergarten and 3rd grade students, as well as adult education. Blue Sky Bridge is generally in more than 40 schools, reaching nearly 4,000 students and training more than 1,000 adults annually.
For more information about Blue Sky Bridge, visit our website (blueskybridge.org) and see the links below:
We are in search of a new Director of Development and Outreach to join the leadership team of Blue Sky Bridge. The Director will:
- Serve in an externally oriented, relationship building, and revenue-generating role
- Offer expertise and leadership for all fundraising related matters
- Lead outreach efforts
- Oversee organization-wide marketing and communications
Blue Sky Bridge is a well-established organization with excellent best practices that has been in a growth mode, and yet, aspires for more. The successful candidate will report directly to the Executive Director and will work collaboratively with her to advance fundraising and outreach with the support of five full-time equivalent team members, in addition to consultant partners, engaged Board members and a strong base of financial support.
Blue Sky Bridge seeks an individual who will:
- Provide the necessary leadership, relationships, and management skills to execute our existing $1.75 million annual fundraising program with diverse funding streams.We are a small team, and this is a hands on position.
- Support a skilled and motivated staff that implements outreach and education programs.
- Be outward facing, cultivating relationships with donors and stakeholders establishing trust and rapport to strengthen their ties with the organization.
- Confidently work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to think creatively and act boldly as we position Blue Sky Bridge for its next phase of growth and evolution and make a greater impact on the cause.
- Support Blue Sky Bridge’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (see next page).
- Manage for success in a post pandemic environment, applying important lessons learned.
- Work for a meaningful cause in an environment where fun, collaboration and creativity are all valued.
- Live in beautiful Boulder County, Colorado.
Director of Development and Outreach
We are looking for a strategic thinker aligned with the values of the organization who can translate our work to new audiences to broaden and deepen engagement. As a key member of the Executive Director’s direct reports, you will serve as a key team member and thought leader who will help to guide our mission internally and represent us to the public. Specific responsibilities of the role include:
Fundraising – (60%)
- Oversee an annual fundraising program of $1.75 million generated by our two signature events, individual appeals, private foundation grants, corporate sponsorship and grants, third-party and government support.This includes planning, executing and reporting.
- Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a plan to increase revenue in support of new programs and initiatives. Fundraising results have been strong over the past five years, and we hope that they will continue this growth trajectory.
- Work with a consultant partner to execute the grants program (the Executive Director is involved with several large grants).
- Staff the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and event committees (the development associate takes the lead on the By the Glass event).
- Expand our non-event related individual giving program beyond three appeals a year to create a more textured and robust initiative.
- Expand corporate giving beyond sponsorship.
- Expand our major gifts program with a focus on individual giving plans over multiple years that results in an increased standard of giving overall.
- Continue to improve the systems, records, information tracking, reporting and gift acknowledgment processes that are in place (with help from an outside consultant as needed).
Education and Outreach – (20%)
- Collaborate on the strategy for education and outreach and oversee the staff on this team.
- Build and maintain relationships with school districts and the community.
- Ensure the outreach, training and education programs are implemented and evaluated consistent with the Blue Sky Bridge vision and mission.
Communications – (20%)
- Oversee organization-wide marketing and communications.
- Develop online and print communications materials, including the Annual Report. The Development and Communications Associate plays a key role in executing communications across platforms.
- Handle public relations, including sending press releases, responding to inquiries, and offering interviews to the media.
- Create informational materials for community engagement, agency tours and event sponsorships.
- Maintain the website and social media.
- Building and strengthen the Blue Sky Bridge Brand.
Our Director of Development and Outreach will be an experienced fundraiser and strategic leader with a minimum 5 years’ experience and with at least 2 years in a role leading and managing others. Experience with education and outreach models a plus.
Additional skills and attributes of sought-after candidates include:
- Fundraising experience with a record of success in a reputable organization, nonprofit or similarly focused Child Advocacy Center.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral presentation.
- Experience in building and growing effective and collaborative teams.
- Outgoing and engaging personality, comfortable in face-to-face interactions with a variety of donor audiences.
- Experience with nonprofit marketing and communications. Blue Sky Bridge has a talented Development and Communications Associate on the development team.
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills with an ability to manage concurrent projects and priorities effectively.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; flexible; adaptable.
- A passion for the Blue Sky Bridge mission.
- Campaign experience a plus.
- Experience with grant writing and grant reporting a strong plus. Blue Sky Bridge has an excellent consultant partner that assists with its private foundation and government grants.
To participate in our confidential search process, please send your application (to include both a cover letter and resume) directly for consideration to our recruiting partner Margie DeVine at 2021BSB.DeVine@gmail.com. Further inquiries or questions? Call Margie: 773-892-2993.