Founded in 1905, Catholic Extension is one of the leading faith-based nonprofits in the United States. Catholic Extension works in solidarity with people in America’s poorest regions to build up vibrant and transformative Catholic faith communities. With the generosity of individual donors and local and national foundations, Catholic Extension raises funds to help these poor, forgotten, and often isolated communities to flourish.
- Catholic Extension invests in buildings by supporting the construction and renovation of churches and church facilities.
- Catholic Extension invests in leaders for the Church by providing education and training for Church leaders.
- Catholic Extension invests in ministries by supporting outreach to the poor and marginalized throughout the country.
Since 1905, Catholic Extension has distributed more than $1.3 billion in today’s dollars to build strong communities of faith, so that Catholic communities in these areas have the tools to build faith, inspire hope and ignite change. Activities and programs supported include: subsidizing seminarian education, assisting with southern border ministries, post-hurricane rebuilding in Puerto Rico, support for college campus ministry and youth outreach, funding migrant farmworker ministry, and supporting the pastoral efforts of religious sisters.
Catholic Extension has a full-time staff of 50+ employees based at its headquarters in Chicago or in one of its regional offices located in: Boston; Dallas; Monterey; Naples, FL; Nashville; New York City; Richmond, VA; St. Louis, San Jose, CA, and San Diego. Its staff is comprised of talented and experienced professionals working in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment and team-focused culture.
Development Associate, Digital Giving
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Development Associate, Digital Giving will join a 20+ person development team and be responsible for daily management of Catholic Extension’s digital fundraising program. Increasingly, digital fundraising is a key strategy of our annual fundraising effort, and with our digital fundraising associate leaving us for graduate school, we are eager to attract a dynamic, team-oriented individual to take the reins of the program, working collaboratively with other members of team Extension.
For context, Catholic Extension raises approximately $25 million from about 30,000 donors via a mature development department that includes annual giving, planned giving and major gifts. An integrated and multi-channel direct response marketing approach is used to acquire, cultivate, and steward Catholic Extension’s donors. This approach includes a variety of communication channels, such as direct mail, email, social media and other digital channels that assist us in reaching a diverse group of faith-based prospects. Our goal is to continually attract new donors and to cultivate our existing donor base to drive incremental revenue. We are continually growing and expanding our development efforts.
Specifically, the Development Associate, Digital Giving will play a key role in:
Strategy Development – 20%
- Assist in developing an overall digital strategy for online, email, social media, and mobile platforms.
- Serve as the subject matter expert in digital solicitation and engagement strategies and define the scope and expected outcomes of each project.
- Stay abreast of digital fundraising best practices and tactics and continually seek to improve the user experience.
- Use reporting and analysis to inform strategies, i.e., perform multivariate (A/B/C) tests on digital advertising campaigns and use data analysis to identify the most effective digital communication tactics with donors and prospects.
Content Creation and Management – 70%
- Manage development of digital content that effectively communicates the need for charitable giving through online, email, social media, and mobile technologies.
- On average create and manage the production and distribution of 5-8 email campaigns per week.
- Coordinate digital advertising campaigns across technology platforms, including content creation, as well as campaign set-up, execution, and analysis.
- Manage Annual Giving’s web presence including creating, updating, proofing and maintaining donation pages, using content management programs.
Operations and Implementation – 10%
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve for digital issues including platform capabilities, technology integrations, automation issues, and scheduling conflicts.
- Identify and create custom email automations with special attention to personalization.
- Work with the Annual Giving team to identify and schedule donor engagement opportunities via email and social media and ensure information loaded into Virtuous is accurate and up to date.
- Recommend and help implement donor-facing website improvements that enhance the donor’s user experience as technology evolves to increase donations and average gift size.
Catholic Extension seeks a development professional with 2-4 years’ post-college experience working with digital marketing channels, including email and social media platforms, in a nonprofit or business environment. A bachelor’s degree is required.
Specific attributes of qualified candidates include:
- Ability to excel in a highly collaborative, team-based environment with both internal and external partners. Patience and maturity in dealing with donors, staff and their requests.
- Exceptional listening skills with proven experience building and sustaining quality relationships. An ability to engage with a variety of constituencies with varying interests and perspectives is important.
- Proven experience in using HTML, content management systems (e.g., Drupal), email systems (e.g., Engaging Networks), CRM solutions and integration (e.g., Virtuous), Adobe Photoshop, social media platforms, responsive design/implementation, and mobile technologies.
- Understanding of A/B testing, analytics tools, and the ability to turn metrics into actionable insights.
- Have experience with donor or customer direct response, preferably in the nonprofit sector.
- Possess skills in implementing new strategies and procedures in a collaborative environment; excellent critical thinking, project management, and strong donor-friendly approach.
- Be an energetic, self-starting strategic thinker with strong organizational skills.
- Have excellent design, proofing, writing and editing skills including ability to provide effective feedback to graphic designers on user interface, layout, and design.
- A commitment to and understanding of the mission and teachings of the Catholic Church
- A sense of humor.
Please send a cover letter and resume to CE2021digitalgiv@gmail.com to the attention of our search partner, Margie DeVine, president of DeVine Consulting. To inquire or if you have questions, please call or text Margie to her cell phone: 773-892-2993.
|Catholic Extension is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation that may be necessary to participate in the application process.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, disability, 403b with company matching, paid time off, paid company holidays, commuter assistance, professionaldevelopment opportunities, mentoring and more!
Catholic Extension is located at 150 S. Wacker Drive, 20th floor, Chicago, IL. For more information about the organization, please visit: www.catholicextension.org.